There are a number of different reasons why your business may already have a Facebook page without your knowledge. Maybe you have a physical location and a Place was created, which was then merged into a Page. Maybe some employee created one but it was never used. Maybe someone parked the page. In any case, you have two options; take ownership of the existing Page for your business, or create a new Page.
Creating a new Page is a valid option if the existing Page has very little content and few followers. You might have a lot of work ahead of you pruning that page down and repurposing it for your current campaigns. Creating a new Page lets you start from scratch and merge the old page into yours, maintaining contacts.
On the other hand, if the existing page has a reasonable amount of content and followers – such as when you ran it previously but lost the ability to administrate it for some reason – recovering ownership or taking it over may be the best option.
Taking Ownership of an Existing Page
The most common source of an existing empty page for your Business is if you have a physical location and someone else uses local geographic locating to check in to your business. If you don’t already have a Page, that user inputs some information and a basic Page is created. In the past, this was a Place, but Places have been replaced by Pages and all existing Places were merged into Pages.
Thankfully, these Pages do not have a current owner and you are able to take ownership of them in a few simple steps.
- Visit the Page. On the page will be a gear icon for management and settings. Click it and find the entry labeled “Is this your business?” and click it.
- You will be prompted to enter some information about your business. This is the basic profile information you would have had to input when creating the Page from scratch as well. Enter it and submit for verification.
- Verify your ownership. You can do this in two ways; through email or with documentation. The email route is simple, but it requires that you have a Facebook account registered to an email from your business. For example, firstname.lastname@example.org would work, while email@example.com would not. If you cannot use email verification, you must scan and upload documentation for your business, such as a utility bill, business license or tax documentation. The document must show your business name and address.
Once you have finished the verification process, you will be granted admin status over the Page in question. You can begin to fill out the profile and post content to attract new users. Any followers who had previously checked in with the Page will be transferred to your new Page, so you will begin with a base of users.
Recovering Ownership of an Existing Page
Sometimes you can’t follow the above process to take over an existing Page. This can happen for one of two reasons. The first reason is that someone else claimed ownership already; this is possible, though not necessarily common. It may be that someone else runs a business with the same name as yours, and has established their own Page. You will not be able to claim this Page, nor should you. If it is blank or largely unused, you can claim it.
The other reason would be if you had an existing Page and your social manager left for some reason or another. It’s possible that you simply lost access to your Page due to such an event. In these cases, you will need to follow a process to recover ownership of the Page.
Fortunately, the process is easier than it is to claim ownership of an existing Page without an owner. Unfortunately, it can be more time consuming.
- Ask the previous social manager. It’s possible that they simply forgot they were the only ones with the username and password. If you cannot contact them or they refuse to give you control, you can consider if legal action is a possibility. In some cases, however, legal options are not available. Proceed to the Facebook administration method.
- Visit the page and click the gear icon to see settings and options. In this menu, click “report page.” Under report reason, check “Is this your intellectual property?” You will need to fill out a form reporting the violation. Include a brief, factual account of the situation with a minimum of emotional language. You’re telling Facebook the facts, not trying to convince a subjective judge.
- If you have not heard back within a week, encourage other users to do the same thing.It’s possible that the page just hasn’t received enough reports to gain the attention of the Facebook security team. Once they notice, you should be able to have your password reset.
In order to prevent future similar issues, make sure to change the password and, if possible, username on your Admin account. This will secure the top level account against intrusion. From this point forward, make sure anyone you put in control of the page is at maximum a Content Creator and not a Manager. This limits their ability to lock you out of your own account. It should not be possible to lose control over your account a second time.
Creating a New Page
The process for creating a Page is simple and well-documented. If your previous Page was not established or you cannot gain control over it in some way, you may need to create a new page. Once you have a new Page, you can attempt to merge your new Page and the existing Page into one Page under your control. To do this:
- On your new Page – the Page you want to keep – click the gear settings icon and click the Merge Pages -> Merge Duplicate Pages options. This will display a list of Pages Facebook identifies as duplicates of your current Page.
- Click the check box next to any Page you want to merge into your own.
- Click the Merge Pages button to initiate the merger.
This process will merge the followers and check-ins for each Page, but that is all. Any content, posts, photos and even the administrating username for the merged Pages will be removed. All you save are your connections.
If you need to save content, do so before initiating a merger. You can do this with third party tools to download your post history. Remember, a Page merger is irreversible; do not make a choice you can’t take back.
If the Page you want to merge is not listed, unfortunately, it means you cannot merge the pages and will need to take other steps to recover the Page.
【Buy Facebook Likes】 Buy USA Targeted Facebook Likes & Fans | Get 5,000 FREE! Buy Real Active Facebook Likes Cheap!
When you buy Facebook likes from us. You are going to receive real followers and likes, real Twitter users and Facebook users that have chosen to follow you or your business. Real humans will receive your Facebook updates in real time which will significantly increase your chances of converting them into new customers. We can deliver Facebook Likes over time or as fast as you choose. Facebook marketing is only in its infancy, most are still trying to figure out the best ways to track and monetize their followers, so don’t get left behind. Buy Facebook likes from us and get real people active facebook users and our likes and fans that stay! 100% Retention!! Trusted!! Reliable!! Accountable!! No wonder! we are the best place to buy United States Facebook likes.
Buy Facebook Likes, Photo Likes, Followers, Friends, Post Likes, Status Likes, Comment Likes and Subscribers for all the same low price!! Get 1,000 FREE Facebook likes (Click Here) to find out how! No purchase needed. We will beat any other companies price and give you free likes as well. What other company does that! Enter code (valentine) 100% Money Back Guarantee! U.S. Based Company!! We are the best place to buy Facebook likes! Our likes are real people that stay forever. No Drops! To order go to : www.usafanlikes.com
10 Reasons why people choose our company over all other social media providers
Reason 1: It’s inexpensive!! Your average Facebook Ads budget is $500 a month. Our smallest package is $5.00; that’s around half as much as our competitors charge. We are most affordable online! Please just give us a try!
Reason #2: Our likes are real. The likes that your page will be receiving are real human visitors that are interested in your page. Why would anyone pay for fake likes?
Reason #3: Brand reputation. Would you buy from a company with 0 Facebook likes? 10? What about 583? It’s subliminal almost; more likes means more popularity. What other company that providers likes and followers really has a social media status. Well we do! Check out our twitter page here and facebook page here
Reason #4: USA Fan Likes’s proven; social signals like Facebook likes are proven to increase your Google rankings, which helps increase your organic traffic and sales.
Reason #5: Custom URL. Facebook Fan pages can’t have a custom URL without having a minimum of 25 likes. We’re a quick way to get you there, and then some.
Reason #6: Spark activity. Our promotion work has shown to increase likes, conversation, Facebook Reach, and other Facebook fan page activity.
Reason #7: Tax deduction. This kind of goes without saying, but if this is for your business as a marketing expense, it’s a tax write-off. Save your receipt!
Reason #8: Well-known. We are critically acclaimed, having been mentioned on CBS, Business News Online, Star Telegram, and many more. We are the only social media provider verified by Google. Click Here
Reason #9: We are a USA based company. Giving back to the local economy. 24/7 Live customer support!
Reason #10: We always give you free likes and followers with all orders. What other company does that!