Like any site online, Facebook has its issues from time to time. Users have reported time out errors, blank screens, slow loading home pages and many other issues to Facebook’s Help Community. The most common problem is that the Facebook home page won’t load. If you can’t log in or are able to log in but can’t see any content, there could be a simple solution to bringing up your Facebook profile. These are just a few ways that people have successfully overcome the Facebook blank screen of death.
What Facebook Recommends
- Click on the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar and select “Settings.”
- Click “Show advanced settings” at the bottom.
- Look in the “Privacy” section and click “Content settings.”
- Open Firefox and type in the address bar “about:config.” Press enter.
- Click “I’ll be careful, I promise.”
- Internet Explorer
- In the “Tools” menu, click “Internet Options” and click the “Security” tab.
- Click on “Internet” zone.
Are You Using HTTPS Instead of HTTP?
Another common reason why Facebook doesn’t load is because secure browsing isn’t available for all of Facebook. For example, it’s not available for Facebook Apps. If you have your Facebook set to browse in secure mode, it may cause problems when switching back and forth between HTTP and HTTPS. In order to fix this problem, you can type in HTTPS instead of HTTP when browsing to Facebook.com and then follow these steps:
- Click on the “Account” menu in the top right corner of your Facebook and select “Account Settings.”
- Under Account Security, click “Change.”
- Uncheck “Browse Facebook on a secure connection (https) whenever possible.
- Click “Save” and close. Reopen your browser and direct to Facebook.com.
Are You Using the Latest Browser?
If you haven’t updated your browser in a while, it may be time to upgrade in order to fix issues with multiple sites including Facebook. Browsers may also become corrupted, and it’s better to install the latest version and remove the old version than trying to figure out what the problem is with your browser.
Clear Browsing Date
Cookies, cache and browsing data often cause issues for loading websites. There are different ways to do this in each browser. Here are the ways to do this with the most common ones.
- Click on the menu icon in the upper right corner of your browser.
- Scroll down to “Tools” and then select “Clear Browsing Data.” A popup will appear asking what you want to clear.
- Select from what point you’d like to clear data. This will affect other sites that you save cache. It’s best to select “From beginning of time” and then select “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” and “Empty the cache.”
- Click “Clear browsing data” to complete. Close and reopen your browser and go to Facebook.com.
- Click on the “Firefox” button at the top of your browser and select “Options.”
- Click on “Advanced” and then “Network.”
- Under “Cached Web Content,” click “Clear Now” and then “OK.” Reopen your browser window and direct to Facebook.com.
- Internet Explorer
- Click on the “Tools” menu in the upper right corner.
- Click on “Delete Browsing History.”
- Click “Delete files,” “Delete cookies” and “Delete history.” Click “OK” to exit and reopen your browser.
In some cases, Facebook is performing maintenance, and the site may be down for a period of time. If that is the case, you can look at Downforeveryoneorjustme.com for information on whether the site is up or down. You can also check with friends or family to see if Facebook is working for them.
Buy Facebook Likes, Photo Likes, Followers, Friends, Post Likes, Status Likes, Comment Likes and Subscribers for all the same low price!! Get 1,000 FREE Facebook likes (Click Here) to find out how! No purchase needed. We will beat any other companies price and give you free likes as well. What other company does that! Enter code (valentine) 100% Money Back Guarantee! U.S. Based Company!! We are the best place to buy Facebook likes! Our likes are real people that stay forever. No Drops! To order go to : www.usafanlikes.com