With the addition of Facebook Timeline, the cover photo was also introduced. This banner image at the top of every Facebook provides an image that welcomes people to your page. Businesses use Facebook cover photos as a way to show off products, customers, new promotions and location information. When personalized by people, cover photos showcase all types of designs, whether it’s just a beautiful photo of a landscape or something more personal. Whether you use your favorite photo as a cover photo or choose to do something more artistic with the top of your page, there are some specific dimensions and characteristics for Facebook cover photos that can make your page even more attractive.
What Size Should Cover Photos Be?
Facebook states that cover photos are 851 pixels wide and 315 pixels tall. However, most people choose to upload photos that are smaller or bigger than that then cut them down the accurate size. If you do choose to upload an image that is smaller than these dimensions, you’ll wind up with astretched image that could be pixelated and hard to understand.
In addition, images for cover photos must be bigger than 399 pixels wide and 150 pixels tall. Otherwise it won’t be accepted for your cover photo. For the best-looking cover photos, you should upload one that is a higher resolution and can be resized down proportionally to the required pixel dimensions for Facebook.
There are also characteristics for getting a page to load faster. For example, if you upload a photo as an sRGB JPG file that is already 851 pixels wide and 315 pixels tall at a memory of less than 100 kilobytes, you’ll get a much quicker loading time.
How to Get Higher Quality Facebook Cover Photos
In general, it’s been shown that Facebook applies up to 80 percent compression when images are uploaded to the site. This means that a file size often goes through a reduction. Even when the high quality option is checked, you are still going to lose some data in favor of a smaller file. The compression rate varies for each image.
To make your cover photo look sharp and crystal clear on Facebook, these are some tips to produce stunning photos that can also work with other images that you upload to Facebook.
- Pick a photo that was captured in high resolution. It’s necessary that a photo already be of high quality and sharpness in order for it to look good on Facebook. High resolution photos are the best choice for Facebook cover photos. Photos should have the correct exposure and focus as well. If the image is already blurry and not exposed well, it won’t look any better on Facebook.
- Shoot pictures in RAW mode. This delivers the most sharpness, details and crystal clear picture.
- For low-light situations, you should shoot on low ISO whenever possible and use a tripod. If you are only using a handheld camera, use a normal shutter speed to avoid shaking and blurring.
- Edit photos with a professional graphics program like Adobe Camera Raw, Adobe Photoshop or GIMP.
- Look at your images in 100 percent view to make the best corrections. You can use auto correct tools for contrast, color and tone in most editing programs. You can also add sharpness with filters. Sharpening should only be added in the last step.
- Your photos should always be resized to the dimensions needed for Facebook. Forcover photos, it’s best to resize to the exact proportions (851 by 315 pixels). This is the best way to show off details and sharpness in the photo.
- For business logos and other images with text, you should always use PNG format.However, saving JPEGs in maximum quality may have a faster loading time.
- Convert your image to sRGB if you want the fastest loading time for Facebook. This is the standard color space for the web, and it will help when people load your images on web browsers that don’t have more color options.
Facebook’s cover photo is an essential way to welcome people to your business page or profile. You should always select a cover photo that you love as it will most likely pop up every time you browse your Facebook or use mobile devices to browse.
Buy Facebook Likes, Photo Likes, Followers, Friends, Post Likes, Status Likes, Comment Likes and Subscribers for all the same low price!! Get 1,000 FREE Facebook likes (Click Here) to find out how! No purchase needed. We will beat any other companies price and give you free likes as well. What other company does that! Enter code (valentine) 100% Money Back Guarantee! U.S. Based Company!! We are the best place to buy Facebook likes! Our likes are real people that stay forever. No Drops! To order go to : www.usafanlikes.com