There are often times when you have two or more than two pages for the same thing – for example, one official and the others unofficial. It is often the case that the unofficial page(s) might have more user likes than the official ones because Facebook users accidentally liked the unofficial page and are now following that page. Because of the missing fans, you could lose ad opportunities, news feed impressions and valuable clicks on your main page. However, it is nigh on impossible to manage the duplicate pages as well as you manage your official page because it is a waste of time and energy.
Thankfully, Facebook allows you to merge two similar pages into a single page by a tool called“Merge Duplicate Pages” so that fans from the duplicate page can be added to your official page without any hassles. Here is how you can go about doing this –
How Do Pages Qualify for Merging?
For qualifying to be merged, the pages must qualify certain points –
- You must be at least a manager level admin of all the pages you hope to merge together.
- The pages that are eligible to be merged must represent the same things and be similar in content.
- The name of the pages must also be similar for them to be eligible.
What Steps Should You Follow Before Merging The Pages?
When you merge two Facebook pages together, your likes and user data would be transferred to the page you choose to make official. However, the other duplicate pages would be deleted and you would not have a future option to unmerge these pages. Just to be on the safer side, you should create a backup of all the pages you are planning to merge together, in case you need it in the future. There are many tools on the internet, which allow pages to be backed up, and you can use any of those as they are mostly free.
How Can You Merge Multiple Facebook Pages Into A Single Page?
In order to merge your pages, you should follow the following instructions –
- You need to be logged into Facebook as yourself and not as the page you admin. So, before you decide to merge pages, log in as yourself.
- On top of the page that you want to be your main page, browse over the ‘Edit Page’ option. Click on the drop down menu that appears next to it.
- Select on the option of ‘Edit Settings’ and you would see the option ‘Merge Pages’.
- After you select the option of ‘Merge Pages’, you need to select ‘Request to Merge Duplicate Pages’.
- Complete the form that appears and click on send.
How to Merge Non Identical Pages?
As mentioned before, the pages you choose to merge need to have identical names. In order to merge Facebook pages, this is a necessity because when you decide to merge the pages, you would be shown a list of pages that are eligible to be merged. If the names are not similar, the merging would not be allowed. You have two options in case the page you wanted to merge does not appear on the list or is not identical to the other page:
- You can report all the pages that are not appearing as ‘Duplicates’.
- You can wait that sometime in the future, Facebook would add the option of merging pages that seem non identical at first glance.
What Would Be the Result After Merging Two Pages?
After you successfully merge pages, these are the things that will happen –
- The merged official page would include all your check-ins, likes and other similar data.
- The posts, information, comments etc. that were on the duplicate page would be deleted. If there is some important information in the data of the duplicate pages, you must create a backup of the page. Note that the deletion would be of a permanent nature and you cannot unmerge the pages if you change your mind later.
- The page that you chose to keep – your official page – would have no changes in its data except that it would also absorb the likes from the duplicate deleted pages and also the check-ins.
What Are The Steps You Should Follow After Pages Are Merged?
When users like a page that is low on activity, they inadvertently forget about it. If, suddenly, the page starts showing activity, users could get annoyed and might start reporting posts as spam. Since the adding of fans to your official page is quiet, there could be a lot of confusion. For avoiding any spam reports that could dent your post visibility, you should craft a welcome post on top of the page.
This welcome post could explain how this page is your official page and you can also talk about how you want to ensure that the users’ Facebook experience is great on your page. Add a little note about how this new page would add value to their Facebook life and you can also offer some discount coupons or interesting information to keep them hooked.
The biggest benefit of the Merge tool is that you get to keep your fans. If you have multiple pages for the same thing, users are anyway going to leave the less active pages. Instead, you can be more active on your active page and retain your users. So, prefer using the Merge tool instead of deleting the other pages.
Buy Facebook Likes, Photo Likes, Followers, Friends, Post Likes, Status Likes, Comment Likes and Subscribers for all the same low price!! Get 1,000 FREE Facebook likes (Click Here) to find out how! No purchase needed. We will beat any other companies price and give you free likes as well. What other company does that! Enter code (valentine) 100% Money Back Guarantee! U.S. Based Company!! We are the best place to buy Facebook likes! Our likes are real people that stay forever. No Drops! To order go to : www.usafanlikes.com